- 1960 15yr old Brenda Lee hits #1 with her song "I'm Sorry"
- 64AD 2/3rds of Rome was burnt to the ground
- 1940 FDR Nominated for a 3rd Term
- National Ice Cream Day
- 1936 Oscar Meyer Wienermobile Birthday
- Perfect Family Day
- Phonograph Birthday
- Sidewalk Frying Day
- 1952 Tony the Tiger's Birthday
- National Caviar Day
- Railroad Day
Karli's pick of the day is NATIONAL ICE CREAM DAY! Yummy!!! Who wouldn't want to celebrate a treat so yummy and refreshing as Ice Cream!
Today the kids and I are going to be making Ice Cream. But, we will be doing it in a non-traditional way. I enjoy giving my kids the opportunity to do things themselves, so each of the kids will be making their own ice cream (in a bag.)
Below are the instructions on the "How To" of Ice Cream in a bag.....
Here are the instructions:
What you'll need:
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup milk or half & half
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons rock salt
- 1 pint-size plastic food storage bag (e.g., Ziploc)
- 1 gallon-size plastic food storage bag
- Ice cubes
How to make it:
- Fill the large bag half full of ice, and add the rock salt. Seal the bag.
- Put milk, vanilla, and sugar into the small bag, and seal it.
- Place the small bag inside the large one, and seal it again carefully.
- Shake until the mixture is ice cream, which takes about 5 minutes.
- Wipe off the top of the small bag, then open it carefully. Enjoy!
Have fun today talking about and celebrating ice cream! You scream I scream we all scream for ICE CREAM!!
We will also be having Frosted Flakes for breakfast (Happy Birthday Toni) and of course we Celebrate Perfect Family Day without even trying (hahahaha)
Good Luck with your Celebrations today! They will be Grrrrrreeeaaaattt