Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Celebrate July 28

What a exciting day July 28th is!  I'm so excited to Celebrate!  What will you choose to Celebrate?

  • Hamburger Day
  • Beatrix Potter's Birthday-Born in 1866 Author of "The Tales of Peter Rabbit" (she is not related to Harry Potter)
  • First Finger Print Taken
  • National Milk Chocolate Day
  • Railway Mail Car Birthday 1862
  • Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis' Birthday (1929)
  • Wiffle Ball Birthday 1957
  • Accountants Day
  • The 14th Amendment went into affect 1868
  • Peru declares Independence 1821
What a fun day we all have ahead of us!  We each have so much to Celebrate! 

My Celebration pick of the day is Hamburger Day and National Milk Chocolate Day!  I'm a huge fan of both Hamburgers and Milk Chocolate, what a perfect combination for the best party ever!!!


When I think of Milk Chocolate, the first thing that pops into my mind is good old Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars.  This classic candy has a special place in my heart!  I can think of many desserts that were created and or enhanced by the goodness of this simple candy bar.

Today the kids and I will be making s'mores with our Hershey Chocolate Bars.  I can't think of a better treat to celebrate Milk Chocolate than yummy s'mores.

For those of you who do not have a fire pit or access to a park or canyon.  No worries I enjoy making this delicious treat in my oven under the broiler!

Here are my S'mores at Home Instructions

Materials Needed"
  • Marshmallows
  • Graham Crackers 
  • Hershey's Milk Chocolate
  • Stoneware Dinner Plate or Pizza Stone
Take your Dinner Plate or Pizza Stone and place desired amount of Graham Crackers on the stone.  

Next place 2 pieces of chocolate on each Graham Crackers (If you like more chocolate please feel free to add more)

Then layer a Marshmallow on top of the chocolate.

Place stone/plate in your microwave for 25 seconds.  You will see the Marshmallows expand

Remove plate from microwave and place in oven under broiler until Marshmallows are Golden Brown.

Remove Plate from Oven and top with another Graham Cracker!

Then EAT!!  Make sure you have a bunch of napkins around because these are a fun messy treat!


Next we will be having Hamburgers for Dinner!  My kids LOVE Hamburgers!!! 

To Celebrate Hamburgers you can either make your favorite Hamburger at home or go out somewhere fun and enjoy a scrumptious Burger.  As I started thinking about where I would get my favorite Burger it was crazy my mind was flooded with visions of yummy food!  Red Robin, In and Out, Crown Burger, Burger Supreme. I realized how much I really enjoy a good burger!



Along with all this delicious food Celebrations.  At our home we will also be doing a few different crafts during the day.  One craft we will be doing is in Honor of the First Finger Print ever taken.  Today we will be taking our own Finger Prints.



Here is a simple and fun way to make your own set of fingerprints at home:

  • Step 1: Use a pencil to darken about a 1 inch square section on a piece of paper.
  • Step 2: Rub one fingertip across the graphite-covered section of paper.
  • Step 3: Stick a piece of clear tape onto the darkened finger. (Packing tape works very well, but any clear tape will do.)
  • Step 4: Carefully remove the tape from the fingertip, and stick the tape onto a piece of white paper or card stock.
This craft is fun and simple (this craft can also be put and used in your own personal child safety kit.) 

The final activity for the day at my home will be a visit to http://www.peterrabbit.com/ this website is filled with so many different activities for you and your children.  You can create your very own Peter Rabbit puppet show that is personalized with you in it, or discover the world of Beatrix Potter! This website is fun and educational!  Check it out!!!

Now go out and CELEBRATE!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment