Sunday, August 8, 2010

Celebrate August 8

Its Sunday August 8th a day full of Excuses to Celebrate!
  • Sneak some Zucchini onto your neighbor's porch night.
  • Dollar Day- the US dollar was created
  • Baseball Fans Day
  • Peace Day (Iraq)
  • Daughter's Day 
  • Admit You're Happy Day
  • Swim Day
  • August 8- Dr. Sam Becket's Birthday (Dr. Sam Becket, the main character in the "Quantum Leap" TV show, was born on August 8, 1953)
Today we will be Celebrating sneak some Zucchini onto your neighbor's porch night.  I know this seems out of control that this is a real Holiday but, it is!  I found it in a few different forms Zucchini Day, Zucchini Bread Day, Fried Zucchini Day.  There were many different versions of this Holiday throughout the world but, they all fell on August 8th!

This evening my kids and I will be sneaking some Zucchini (with a recipe for Zucchini taco's) onto my neighbors porches.  The kids love doing things like this (they feel so sneaky) it is also such a fabulous way to teach kids about service and how it is fun to do "secret" service!

These are a picture of my kid friendly vegetarian Zucchini Taco's   


I hope you all have a fantastic Sunday!  I really know you will enjoy celebrating August 8th!

No comments:

Post a Comment